The SSA business provides a diverse basket of branded, generic, OTC and consumer health products which are supplied to both the private and public sectors primarily in South Africa. Our presence outside of South Africa is mainly in Namibia, Botswana, Tanzania, Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana and Uganda.
- South Africa
Contribution to Group revenue
Revenue contribution – by therapeutic category
Number of products launched:30
IMS* VALUE OF PIPELINE AS AT 30 JUNE 2017 ANTICIPATED TO BE LAUNCHED IN:0 - 2 years
3 - 5 years
Number of product recalls:1
* South Africa only, rest of SSA not covered by IMS.
Average staff turnover:13,0%
NUMBER OF WORK-RELATED FATALITIES:Nil
NUMBER OF PERMANENT EMPLOYEES
|Revenue – R'billion||2017||2016 (CER)*||% change|
|High Potency & Cytotoxics||0,1||0,1||29|
|Other Commercial Pharmaceutical Brands||7,2||6,8||5|
- The South African private pharmaceutical sector was valued at R39,2 billion for the year ended 30 June 2017.
- Aspen is ranked as the number one pharmaceutical company in the South African private sector with a 14,2% share.
- About one in every five scripts dispensed by South African pharmacists is for an Aspen product, as recorded by ImpactRx.
- In South Africa, four out of the top 20 products by value in the private sector for the year ended 30 June 2017 is for an Aspen product
- Aspen has a strong presence in East Africa and Tanzania through Beta Kenya and Shelys Tanzania.